School News & Events

History of School

Ardscoil Phádraig started in the late 1940s with classes taking place in Market House, Granard.

The original school was opened in 1953 and practical subject classrooms were added in the early 1960s. The new extension comprising of the assembly hall and additional classrooms was opened in 1982.  The Canon Kelly Sports Hall was built in 1985 and changing rooms, showers, hard courts, storage etc. were added in 2006. Cluain Eala (Autism unit) was constructed in 2009.



Back to top